NET4U staff
p***@msn.com
2003-03-25 01:59:45 UTC
<P>Hi,</P>
<P>I quit NET4U after hearing news of this stealing bandwidth, recorded a phone call with Sahil, took the call to the herald. </P>
<P>Which is why it was printed at all, so dont go bitching about me being involved in this. I wasn't in anyway involved in it. Quite frankly I think Sahil is ripping everyone off, including his staff.</P>
<P>thanks,<BR>Will</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>To bring those responsible to justice, we are holding </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>a 'meeting'.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Bring your weapons.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Venue:
<DIV></DIV>Room 3, Level 1
<DIV></DIV>467 Victoria Street
<DIV></DIV>Hamilton CBD
<DIV></DIV>Hamilton
<DIV></DIV>New Zealand
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Time: 4:30pm
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Be there, or miss out.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>__________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
<DIV></DIV>http://platinum.yahoo.com
<DIV></DIV>_______________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>Nznog mailing list
<DIV></DIV>***@list.waikato.ac.nz
Jeremy Clyma
2003-03-25 02:08:09 UTC
Can you even spell ironic?

I quit NET4U after hearing news of this stealing bandwidth, recorded a
phone call with Sahil, took the call to the herald.

Which is why it was printed at all, so dont go bitching about me being
involved in this. I wasn't in anyway involved in it. Quite frankly I
think Sahil is ripping everyone off, including his staff.

thanks,
Will

To bring those responsible to justice, we are holding
a 'meeting'.
Bring your weapons.
Venue:
Room 3, Level 1
467 Victoria Street
Hamilton CBD
Hamilton
New Zealand
Time: 4:30pm
Be there, or miss out.

_____

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection <http://g.msn.com/8HMXEN/2740>
service: 2 months FREE*
Liz Quilty
2003-03-25 02:04:55 UTC
Dude I dont think anyone will blame you. How can one go mad at the
person who told Sahil he was an idiot and got him busted?
A lot of people knew what he was up to and that he was dodgy. They just
turned a blind eye to it because he was cheaper.

Liz

Hi,

Edward Yardley
2003-03-25 02:11:30 UTC
Yeah, I agree - don't worry about it.

Edward,

2003-03-25 02:09:48 UTC
heh. yeah, it was me doing the spamming. "^god" is me. But after thinking
carefully about it I have stopped it, and am sure I wont do it again.

I got an email from Sahil just now saying "if you have issues deal directly
with me."

Why should I do what he says?

by the way sahil, you can keep the cd drive.

Craig Spiers
2003-03-25 02:13:04 UTC
I dont think you will ever get a job in this industry.. ANGRY NOC ADMIN's
UNITE!@#! I can hear the chuckles now.

Your wee'wee is small.

Edward Yardley
2003-03-25 02:15:35 UTC
!!!! I'LL SAY

*joins the angry party*

2003-03-25 02:14:15 UTC
yeah sure craig, good friends with sahil, who also threatened to "bash"
Captian Bob. How rude of you! :)

Craig Spiers
2003-03-25 02:18:59 UTC
maaaayeeeeeteeee.. all for one, one for all.. give it up will ya.

i dont recall threatening anyone.. and if i were to do such a thing, no one
but the person im threatening would have any evidence of it.
Jeremy Clyma
2003-03-25 02:21:17 UTC
You mean after admitting publically that you were indulging in CC fraud
you thought you'd better keep a low profile.

Craig Spiers
2003-03-25 02:19:28 UTC
This guy was top of his class in primary school!
2003-03-25 02:19:41 UTC
No actually, thats not the case.
I am willing to go on national TV and say that, walk infront of a police
station and yell it in the window, do anything, thats not the case.

The reason I talked to the herald about it is because I have stopped doing
it all.

Captian Bob may or may not decide to stop spamming, but I cant speak for
him.

---------------------------

Liz Quilty

Edward Yardley
2003-03-25 02:26:29 UTC
I second that!!

Edward.
Simon Byrnand
2003-03-25 02:19:12 UTC
Post by p***@msn.com
heh. yeah, it was me doing the spamming. "^god" is me. But after thinking
carefully about it I have stopped it, and am sure I wont do it again.
I got an email from Sahil just now saying "if you have issues deal
directly with me."
Why should I do what he says?
by the way sahil, you can keep the cd drive.
As amusing as this whole thing is in some ways (and serious in other ways)
does anyone think that this whole message thread has degenerated into just
"airing dirty laundry in public" ?

Is there any more relevance to nznog ?

:)

Regards,
Simon
p***@msn.com
2003-03-25 02:21:12 UTC
"im going to come over there and smash your head in with a tyre iron"

sounds familiar to the person you were making the threats to.

And he does have logs :) not that hes going to do anything about it, of
course, becuase some people might take you seriously, huh?

----------------------------------

Post by p***@msn.com
yeah sure craig, good friends with sahil, who also threatened to "bash"
Captian Bob. How rude of you! :)
I dont think you will ever get a job in this industry.. ANGRY NOC
ADMIN's
Your wee'wee is small.

p***@msn.com

David Mill
2003-03-25 02:28:42 UTC
Isn't this all getting a bit off topic and turning into a shouting match?

If so, can this discussion please be moved elsewhere?

Dave
Jeremy Clyma
2003-03-25 02:35:52 UTC
[mailto:]
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
"But spamming is just one of ^god's pastimes. He also dabbles in online
credit card fraud.

He claims to have purchased everything from domain names to computer
gadgets using stolen credit card numbers at online merchants. "

Right, now go up to the police station front desk and tell them that.

2003-03-25 02:33:49 UTC
1) Give the kid some credit, he at least is trying to admit he was wrong.
2) You think messages like this have ANYTHING to do with nznog?
3) Many people on this list have been busted for doing 'bad bad' things.
they still have jobs in the industry.
4) Grow up.
5) take all this to IRC already.

I think it was said best ealier today...

"There are some quite smart people in that age group, Unfortunately they
often are a little miss guided , with the right guidance they can become
a very good company asset."
Be there, or miss out.
p***@msn.com
2003-03-25 02:35:27 UTC
Sure, if thats what you really want.

But hey, I am a kid, and kids do things like that, stealing a couple of
credit cards and buying a couple of domains (valued at about $100 or so),
which will probably be charged back to the card anyway, is alot better than
going into a school, killing everyone, stealing all their money, going out
and buying bombs and drugs, isnt it? :)

[mailto:]

Steve Phillips
2003-03-25 03:01:15 UTC
these people like to take net4u staff up the ...

www.quarrypark.org.nz
www.wlug.org.nz
www.msianet.co.nz
www.hotshot.co.nz
www.ethernal.org
www.neuron.net.nz
www.cis.net.nz
netplanet.co.nz
www.irisdesign.co.nz
king.net.nz
cosnet.co.nz
walkerwireless.co.nz
hostingservers.co.nz
castle.net.nz
nox.co.nz
scarfies.co.nz
se7en.co.nz
digitalsouth.net
outervoid.net
clawshrimp.com

Michael Bordignon
2003-03-25 03:03:14 UTC
could these users not be unsubscribed?
2003-03-25 04:27:44 UTC
Nonsense. Your recorded conversation (Which I have downloaded a copy of)
says something very different - Namely that you willfully exploited a hole in
Callplus's network to obtain bandwidth which you didn't pay for.
This is to do with using their open proxy - not to do with spam.

Michael Hallager
Post by Sahil Gupta - NET4U LIMITED
All this mess got created by "^god" and "Captain Bob" after we booted
their spam server off our network. You guys have something against me,
sort it out with me not with the public.
Regards,
Sahil Gupta
Senior Account Manager
NET4U LIMITED
Phone: 0508-263-848
Fax: 07-8582659
Mobile: 029-366-6375
Post by Edward Yardley
!!!! I'LL SAY
*joins the angry party*
Donald Neal
2003-03-25 04:37:15 UTC
The standard of behaviour on this list does seem to have slipped in the last few hours. I've just sent a copy of the AUP to the list - clearly I need to get back to doing that regularly. And now it's the long trawl through the postings to see to whom warnings need to go ...

- Donald Neal

Donald Neal | piano - a musical
Technical Specialist | shipping line.
Network Delivery | [ Graeme Garden ]
Telecom Corp. NZ Ltd |
2003-03-25 05:07:52 UTC
I'd just like to mention that this guy who spammed the mailing list with
net4u's customers left himself open to a slap in the face..

Could someone from the associated isp, have some words with him please?

Craig Spiers
2003-03-25 05:08:23 UTC
but the fact you 'did it' can have you arrested.

if you murder someone, your not let off the hook just because you say your
not going to do it again, idiot.
Juha Saarinen
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Craig Spiers
I'd just like to mention that this guy who spammed the mailing list with
net4u's customers left himself open to a slap in the face..
Could someone from the associated isp, have some words with him please?
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:01:15 NZST
246.208.88.219.in-addr.arpa is an alias for
246.128-254.208.88.219.in-addr.arpa.

246.128-254.208.88.219.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
port88-208-246.adsl.net4u.co.nz.

Interesting.
Juha Saarinen
Craig Spiers
2003-03-25 05:18:47 UTC
Indeed...

We'll being that its a net4u connection, im sure they are dealing with it..
I think this topic has well and truely been killed :)

Juha Saarinen
Gavin Grieve
2003-03-25 05:48:54 UTC
Post by Matthew Lamb
has someone at ihug blacklisted www.sahil.net.nz ? Cuz now i get a host
not found message.
Not at all. I can get to it from work and from my dsl connection at home.
Admittedly, there is not a lot there to see.

Gavin Grieve
ihug NOC type person
2003-03-25 05:48:55 UTC
Juha, I understand you are a reporter or something?

2003-03-25 08:37:06 UTC
Not only does Sahil steal bandwidth, but apparantly he
also uses other's credit cards to purchase goods and
services, and I have received proof which indicates
that is the case.

Nathan Ward
2003-03-25 09:01:10 UTC
<quote>
Could this list possibly be made moderated for a week or so, or have
people posting drivel removed from it? (After suitable warnings, etc).

I am happy to read about Net4U's antics as they are amusing and at least
partially relevant, but I can do without the frantic keyboard-mashings of
inept scriptweenies and all the other quasi-illiterate snot that's been
on here today.
</quote>

I second that. Move along.

Nathan Ward
2003-03-25 08:51:17 UTC
Yes, I know you have NEVER done it with customer
credit card numbers, but how about with credit cards
full stop, whether or not they are your customers
numbers does not matter. So have you ever used card
numbers of noncustomers/customers/anyone? Please dont
try that again, changing one word, if you are going to
respond, respond to my statements, not a sightly
altered statement eg not customers cards, instead of
no I havent used credit cards which I have not been
authorised to use.

--- Sahil Gupta - NET4U LIMITED <***@net4u.co.nz>
wrote: > The company has NEVER done this and I can
give this
is writing that I have
NEVER gone out shopping with ANY of our customers
Credit Card Details.
You would hope, if anybody at the company was doing
such a thing that we
would have been out of business right after we
started climbing up the
ladder.
Regards,
Sahil Gupta
Senior Account Manager
NET4U LIMITED
Phone: 0508-263-848
Fax: 07-8582659
Mobile: 029-366-6375
Post by a
services, and I have received proof which
indicates
Post by a
that is the case.
- Check & compose your email via SMS on your
Telstra or Vodafone mobile.
Michael Hallager
2003-03-25 09:09:50 UTC
Post by p***@msn.com
Sahil,
1) It is ON TAPE that you stole bandwidth from Callplus. Do you think that
we are stupid enough to believe that you can steal bandwidth and nothing
else?
2) Why have you put up on your website a statment that you have employed
a technical company to oversee the operation of your ISP when *you*
knowingly did what you did? Are you trying to fool us and your clients into
believing that it was an accident?
Do you think that this is a technical issue (As you seem to be trying to
make out) or one of honesty?
3) Why is that you feel that you "should be out of business" if you misused
credit cards (Alledged) but that you should be treated differently for what
you did to Callplus? (Established).
4) Why did you never heed one word of the many lectures that I gave
you, at the time when I was prepared to speak to you, on the very subject
of honesty?
Michael Hallager
2003-03-25 09:07:05 UTC
So you do not deny using credit cards to receive goods
and services which you do not have authorisation to
use?

--- Sahil Gupta - NET4U LIMITED <***@net4u.co.nz>
wrote: > Talk to me off-list, telling me what we have
done.
I'm interested in
finding out.
Regards,
Sahil Gupta
Senior Account Manager
NET4U LIMITED
Phone: 0508-263-848
Fax: 07-8582659
Mobile: 029-366-6375
Post by a
no I havent used credit cards which I have not
been
Post by a
authorised to use.
--- Sahil Gupta - NET4U LIMITED
Post by a
also uses other's credit cards to purchase
goods
Post by a
and
2003-03-25 09:20:14 UTC
g***@morenet.net.nz
2003-03-25 09:35:36 UTC
I think it's about time you children took this to IRC.

Hey Don, any chance of moderating this?
I must admit, I'm getting tempted to put the lot of them into our filters...
permanently.

Robert McDonald (by way of Robert McDonald )
2003-03-25 11:12:59 UTC
The fact that you* may be young doesn't excuse childish behaviour. Think
before putting fingers to keys please.
*Bites tounge and says nothing accept*, "i third this". Take it elsewhere.
Enough's enough.

Thanks,
Rob
(List co-ordinators, maybe moderated list would be appropriate for a few
days)

[*] - The collective "Key mashers"
Post by a
Not only does Sahil steal bandwidth, but apparantly he
also uses other's credit cards to purchase goods and
services, and I have received proof which indicates
that is the case.
Robert McDonald
NZPages.Net Web Services
Ph: 021 1770061
ICQ: 86984875
http://www.nzpages.net
Sahil Gupta - NET4U LIMITED
2003-03-25 04:03:05 UTC
Mr. Hallager,
You aren't aware of what has happened behind the scenes with the spammers.
I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself.

List:
I'm not here to mention any names but, if anybody would really like to
know the true side of what we did and how this has come about, they are
welcome to contact me off-list. Once again, no names will be mentioned
(if you're out on a fishing expedition, forget it).

As far as fixing the matter goes, Net4U Limited will be assigning a
contract to Sigel Data Systems Limited who shall be
investigating/auditting the network of Net4U Limited and publishing
detailed reports on it (without mentioning anything that causes harm to
the company). The public can access these reports openly from the
company web-site.

In the process of the audit, no customer information or security over
equipment shall be compromised over.

Sigel Data Systems Limited are a company based in Hamilton, who make a
living off systems administration and it's in their best interest to
report in complete honesty.

Regards,

Sahil Gupta
Senior Account Manager
NET4U LIMITED

Phone: 0508-263-848
Fax: 07-8582659
Mobile: 029-366-6375
Post by Michael Hallager
Nonsense. Your recorded conversation (Which I have downloaded a copy of)
says something very different - Namely that you willfully exploited a hole in
Callplus's network to obtain bandwidth which you didn't pay for.
This is to do with using their open proxy - not to do with spam.
Michael Hallager
Post by Sahil Gupta - NET4U LIMITED
All this mess got created by "^god" and "Captain Bob" after we booted
their spam server off our network. You guys have something against me,
sort it out with me not with the public.
Regards,
Sahil Gupta
Senior Account Manager
NET4U LIMITED